Everyone still often knows the night vision devices which they are designed to see in the darkness. We can say this is the invention of the military. After that, the results of this invention are used widely not only in the army but also in the hunting and other works which people work in the darkness. And the effectiveness of this device is very great.
Nowadays, there are many types of night vision such as modern night vision monoculars, binoculars, and goggles. All of them can amplify the available lights in the dark environment into the bright pictures which we can see the objects and recognize the features that the human eyes may not see.
You can understand that the device will receive the outside lights through the objective lens and focus on a phosphor screen. This screen will translate the dark image into a green picture. And our eyes will recognize all things through this green screen. There are many great things about the night vision device. Thus, now I will have a brief introduction about the most basic information of the night vision device.
Today, with the development of science, technique, and technology, most of the technical equipments are constantly being upgraded to meet the human needs. The night vision device is not the exception.
Currently, the image intensifiers are divided into 3 main types (Generation) with the particular characteristics as well as the price.
This is the first generation of night vision device and it is also the most commonly used in the civilian with the following features:
- Generation I will work very well under the conditions which having the moonlights or brighter;
- It can provide the image with the high resolution;
- The price is the cheapest in all generations of night vision devices;
- However, it is also easy damaged;
- In addition, this device can keep the heat until some minutes later after you turned off the power.
Of course, generation II will be better than Generation I because it is used a sensitive photocathode, better electronic and a micro-channel plate. Therefore, many users said that the night vision device of generation II works very great.
- We can see the image clearer in the dark conditions even without the moonlight;
- This type of night vision device often has both the automatic brightness control and the bright source protection circuits;
- It is also suitable for using in the civilian, in the army, and in the scientific applications because this device can work well in the extremely low light levels.
- Surely, its price will be higher than the price of generation I.
We can insist that generation III is the most modern type of night vision device. In the United State, this type is not allowed to sell legally to the civilians in this country. Especially, this technology is used in the military typically.
- Although generation III is maybe very similar with generation II if we only look at on the outside of the product. But actually, generation III has used a special chemical in the photocathode so it is higher sensitivity
- Besides, it can use in extremely darkest conditions;
- But the price is very expensive. So you should think carefully before having the decision to buy.
Factors Selecting The Night Vision Device
In fact, there are a lot of elements which you must consider when you want to choose a night vision device. Here are some factors for your reference:
Because the night vision device has many generations for the choice of the customers. You can choose the best types with the extremely high price and the great function. However, you can use the common night vision device which it can meet your job.
Now the price ranges for this product from £ 200 to over £ 5,600. I think it is better that you should share your requirements and your purpose to the salesman. He can help you choose the suitable one.
To using any product, you must use in the right way and store properly. This is very important and necessary.
All of the night vision devices will have one year warranty. Also, the devices which are manufactured by AMT Corporation will have two years warranty if the users follow all conditions in the warranty card during using process.
You must spend your budget to buy the night vision device you should buy new. This will ensure the guaranteed tool, long life to use, the good quality. Although the second-hand product is cheaper it can fail and so fuzzy to see the images. Moreover, you will not often be guaranteed a long time as the new one.
Size and weight
Size and weight also need to consider. When using a product is not comfortable or so big and heavy to hold it is very terrible. If you want to buy a night vision device for your hunting or any jobs which you must move a lot you should choose a small and light night vision. However, this device still ensures that it is a good “companion” to improve the quality of your work.
In conclusion, there are many things about the night vision device. However, what I just mention in this wiring is the most basic information of this device. I hope that now you get more necessary knowledge about the night vision device.